Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Witnessing Animal Abuse or Neglect

People who witness animal abuse or neglect should report it to authorities. They should contact their local humane society, animal shelter, or animal control agency as soon as possible. Those agencies can help you and the poor animal because they have the power to enforce state and local laws related to animals. Aside from that they also have the capability to investigate and resolve animal abuse situations. We should do our part in protecting these animals from cruelty, abuse and neglect. If you do not help them who else will? Concern citizens are the eyes and ears of the community.

If your concerns are your safety, don’t worry because you can choose to remain anonymous when reporting such instances but giving your name to your humane agency will enable them follow up with you when necessary and to make a better investigation.

Please comment on this post to include your local shelter contact number or authorities that can help animals suffering from abuse, cruelty and neglect.